Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

Bye-bye Grade 5-Grade 6, Here I Come

What a Grade 5 year this has been! We began the year by learning about the municipal government. I loved writing a letter to the mayor of Westmount. With my English teacher, we wrote a lot of prose. That was one of my favourite parts in English. Later in the year, we started talking about our families in Yiddish. I learnt a lot from talking with my father. Meanwhile, we were studying about the provincial government. It was much more enjoyable because the Liberal Party of Quebec called an election. More Canadian history would enhance the Grade 5 program. We need to learn about our country. Long live Grade 5! Grade 6 is going to be so much fun! We will be senior and the oldest. We will learn about the federal government. I can’t wait for that. Learning about the government is what I love. I hope there will be history and countries of the world. We will be learning about the Holocaust and how terrible it was. We will be older and be able to handle more responsibility. Therefore, we will take our turns being monitors. Grade 6, here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. I enjoyed reading this prose. I like Grade 5 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally, i think it would have been more fun to talk about the provincial government in yiddish, and i think it would have been more enjoyable to talk about your family if the liberal party of quebec had called. but maybe that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good time to be interested in provincial politics since we have a minority government.There might even be another election soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be interesting in the next several days to see if the Liberal minority government is going to fall. It will make a good story but I really don't want another election.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will you still post more stuff in the summer

    ReplyDelete

Any highly offensive matter will be deleted whether it be solid, water, gas or plasma. No comments from outsiders represent the opinions of Owner and Doggy or vanillaman. We reserve the right to delete any comments without explanation.