Pages

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

Today is Canada Day, the birthday of our nation when in 1867, the province of Canada, along with New Brunswick and Nova Scotia formed the Dominion of Canada. In these modern times, Canada has achieved great things. Canada is my country and I am proud of it. Journalists from the Toronto Star wrote about why they love Canada. I love Canada because of our tendency to help other people. The most prominent token of this is universal health care. That is my Canada.
I never knew what Canada meant to me until this past Tuesday night. That’s when my son Michael graduated from high school.
It’s strange how one event can make everything seem clear. The kaleidoscope took that one extra “click,” the fragments of coloured glass formed a new pattern, and the picture I’d been staring at for 40 years suddenly came into 
Read more at the Toronto Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any highly offensive matter will be deleted whether it be solid, water, gas or plasma. No comments from outsiders represent the opinions of Owner and Doggy or vanillaman. We reserve the right to delete any comments without explanation.